Monday, November 19, 2012

What do you want to be when you grow up?

It's one of my favorite questions to ask periodically.

A couple of weeks ago, we did a lesson on jobs.

Kids' answers ranged from ballerina to judge, as anyone might expect from kindergarten kiddos.

And then there was Benjamin.

"Benjamin, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"I want to be a ... do good things and help people, for no money, like Mother Theresa."

*aaaaand then my heart melted*

*yours too, right?*

[The Mother Theresa thing isn't completely out of thin air, cause they'd just talked about her in Anna Teacher's class, but seriously, how many students want to be like her???  When they can pick any job ever to answer my question??? TOO PRECIOUS]

I taught him the word "missionary" (and, to be fair, clarified that you can be a missionary for religion or just to do good things, but let him know that Mother Theresa was a missionary for Jesus.) and then he drew a picture of being a missionary on the worksheet for the lesson.  And I almost died.

Moments like that make me LOVE this job.








Tell me, does this improve your faith in humanity?  The next generation will be in good hands with this little man as a leader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment