Monday, September 30, 2013

Professor Princess

Y'all. I have a student who has been calling me Princess for a few weeks.

I thought I must have misheard him the first couple of times, but now it's been a while and I'm pretty sure that's what he is indeed saying. I'm pretty sure he means to say Professor. It's an easy mistake to make, I guess. I mean, they both start with P and they're roughly the same length.

"Um, Princess? Excuse me. Homework today?" "No, not today." "Ok, bye Princess! Have a good week."

It is the ABSOLUTE CUTEST THING EVER.

Remember how I teach university now? So he's, like, 20. Makes it even more adorbs.

I don't have the heart to correct him. I mean, I am Princess afterall. Zara even means princess, sooooo.....

He's in one of my low-level classes and he's pretty talkative. I don't want to discourage him using what English he can... not to mention... I love it. LOVE IT.

Professor Zara? Professor Perciful?

Nah.

Just call me Princess.




*Professor is my official job title. I know I don't have the years and years of experience and degrees to back up "being a professor" in a more traditional sense, but I'm a teacher at a university and they call us professors here. Sorry if that offends you; that's out of my hands. Maybe I'm really just a glorified teacher but I'll take it. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment