Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jeju 2014: I love that island life

So for Chuseok break (aka Korean Thanksgiving), my girl Crystal and I decided to hop a ferry and go to the island for a long weekend!! BEST DECISION EVER. Korea had kind of been getting me down, what with the spitting and staring and rain and homesickness (see: August sucked), so I needed some SUNSHINE and GIRL TIME. And I got both, in loads! 

Sometimes I get so lonely and think about moving home. Then I take a ferry to Jeju and eat veggie donkatsu and sit on a black sand beach and eat fish and chips and jam with the owner and write a song and enter into a family of wanderers at a guesthouse on the bay and eat lobster and drink soju and go snorkeling and eat live conch and get freckles. 

And it all makes sense. 

This expat life. I just can't get enough. Will I ever move home? I don't know. Will I leave Korea soon? Probably. I don't know. 

But for now? 

Happy Korean Thanksgiving. 


FERRY RIDE!!! 







WE RENTED A CAR!!!! 






FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIE FOOTBALL IN THE GUESTHOUSE!!! 



BEACHES!!!!! 
















SUNSET ON THE PIER!!!! 



LUNCH AT UNCLE TONY'S CAFE!!!! 


LOBSTER DINNER AT THE GUESTHOUSE!!! 







LAZY HOLIDAY MORNINGS!!!! 





WATERFALLS!!!! 












HIKING THE HIGHEST PEAK IN KOREA!!! 
YAYAYA MOUNT HALLASAN!!!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment