Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hiking in Pungnam

I went for a short hike last week with one of the other teachers.  There's a small mountain literally five minutes from my apartment, right by the school, and it only takes about 15 minutes (or more, if you're me, and by me, I mean out of hiking shape) to climb to the first lookout.  It was really fun!  It's such good excersize and it's so accessible that I would like to climb up there a couple times a week to sit and look and read, especially as the weather gets warmer and more spring-like.  Anyway, here are some pictures!

They've built in steps to help on the really steep parts.


Some parts were REALLY steep! 





Just kidding!  We found this pile of rocks that look like they're becoming a memorial or something, so we climbed on it a little.  I'm glad it didn't topple over on us ;) 




Up at the lookout, there were two options, stairs or a steep, rather unused path.  The path looked much more adventurous, so I took the road less traveled by, and that made all the difference.  (Shameless cliche quote? Check!)  Needless to say, it was fun!  [Side note, why do we follow up "needless to say" with anything?  Why is that even a phrase?  If it were truly needless to say, we would't need to say it!  But obviously by saying "needless to say," we're going to say it anyway!  End side note.]


View from the lookout!


I can see my house from here!


Some Pungnam Dong, Gwangju landmarks. 


Headed back down!  Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment